Coach-Mentors help and support adolescents, young adults and adults put into practice the goals they are working on in therapy by providing practical assistance in the “real world” between therapy sessions.
Coach-Mentors meet clients in the community at a time and place that is convenient. Day time, evenings, weekends. It could be after school, before or after work or whenever fits. Meetings can take place at home, in a coffee shop, park or while engaging in a healthy fun activity. Meetings occur in environments that lend themselves to natural conversation – a place that’s comfortable for clients and practical for the goals that have been identified.
Coach-Mentors also is available to clients between sessions by telephone to provide additional support or to encourage clients in their efforts to follow through with identified goals. These additional touch-points are customized based on the client's needs and provide an opportunity to stay connected and on track, even on a daily basis.
How are we different?
- We are less formal and more casual, yet still professional and supportive.
- Achievement and goal-oriented, Coach-Mentors focus on getting things done, on accomplishing the task at hand and supporting success. That goal may not be a monumental undertaking (at least not in one meeting) but rather a task or goal specifically identified for that particular meeting. It could be implementing goals or strategies identified in therapy or it could be doing something more physical like a health and fitness activity or job search. Sometimes it’s a combination of all of the above.
That’s a large part of the value of Coach-Mentors – useful, practical supports designed to help clients bridge what is discussed in therapy with their everyday lives. Coach-mentors is the launching pad to thriving and doing better outside the walls of therapy.
Why does Coach-Mentors work? Because:
- It is practical, real and relevant to you
- It is personal and individualized for you
- It is accessible and convenient – we come to you